On Sun, 17 May 2009 20:32:59 -0400
"(private) HKS" <hks.priv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/5/17 Toma Bodar <tomas.bod...@gmail.com>:
> > I know,that's why they choose BSD-style licenced OS ;-)
>
> Yes, because China's respect for copyright and intellectual property
> is legendary.
>
> -HKS

Perhaps this is out of place here, but China's take on IP is that
the flow of ideas has, over the long haul of human history, been
more to the west than anything else.  Consider the economic benefit
accrued by the use of, say pound locks, and you will understand
what I mean.  And then there's gunpowder, invented as a sideline
to research into food preservatives, and then the Gordon Highlanders
show up on their doorstep...

Dhu

http://www.honeytechblog.com/downlod-kylin-operating-system-by-chinaqingbo-wu