Duncan Patton a Campbell wrote:

the chinese government really feels so vulnerable against U.S.?
i mean, they say it like "the WWIII will begin soon and we need
to defend us on the cyberspace with our super-secure OS"

They're prob'ly as worried about their own hacks as anyone elses,
but given they've built their own chip it's pretty clear they take
the problems with iNtel rom/microcode seriously enough.  Remember
the foo-rah when Sony came up with it's own 64bit chip?  All that
bs about Sadman buying up a gross of playstations 'cause they're
not trojaned with externally modifiable microcode ?

seriously, the OS cannot be anything worth writing home to momma about. that they choose to run the OS on special cpus is notable since nobody really knows what the bios hackers put into their special sauce. intel and amd are originally 'western' companies so i wouldn't trust their work product as far i could throw it if i were the chinese. speaking of which i don't trust the security of products manufactured in china and that's most hardware afaik.

i have speculated before that some hardware manufacturers intentionally leave exploitable problems in their products on purpose so the machines can be penetrated. it would not surprise me at all if this were the case.