Hello!

we are running two OpenBSD routers organized by CARP and I'd like
OpenBGPd (running on those routers) to switch as fast as CARP itself,
so, I've written the following config:

carp4 - uplink ethernet (currently just one uplink)

MASTER, /etc/bgpd.conf:

AS xxxxx
router-id 10.0.0.1
network N.N.N.0/24

group "Uplink" {
        remote-as yyyyy
        neighbor N.N.N.N1 {
                descr   "Uplink speaker 1"
                set localpref 300
                multihop 255
                depend on carp4
                announce self
        }
        neighbor N.N.N.N2 {
                descr "Uplink speaker 2"
                set localpref 300
                multihop 255
                depend on carp4
                announce self
        }

}

neighbor 10.0.0.2 {
            descr   "carp fella"
            remote-as xxxxx
            announce all
}

BACKUP, /etc/bgpd.conf:

AS xxxxx
router-id 10.0.0.2
network N.N.N.0/24

group "Uplink" {
        remote-as yyyyy
        neighbor N.N.N.N1 {
                descr   "Uplink speaker 1"
                set localpref 300
                multihop 255
                depend on carp4
                announce self
        }
        neighbor N.N.N.N2 {
                descr "Uplink speaker 2"
                set localpref 300
                multihop 255
                depend on carp4
                announce self
        }

}

neighbor 10.0.0.1 {
            descr   "carp fella"
            remote-as xxxxx
            announce all
}

second router learns routes from carp master (since it has no direct
connection while it is BACKUP), but I only see routes using "bgpctl
show rib", not using "netstat -rn". also, there's seems to be loop,
because I see many "icmp dup"  while pinging some system. also, when
BAACKUP becomes MASTER, it drops all the rib and learnes routes from
uplink.which is very bad.

so... does anyone know how to make friends of OpenBGPd and CARP ?

cheers,
Ilya Shipitsin