I have a strange problem with my new (to me) Thinkpad SL410. I was able to boot and install from the 4.8 bsd.rd kernel (AMD64). However, on first boot it froze during boot. Disabled acpi at boot time and it was able to boot fine. Reading thru the list I saw the option to enable verbose logging from the boot prompt. Enabled that with ACPI enabled and the laptop booted fine.

So...
BSD.RD boots fine
BSD.MP does not boot
BSD.MP without ACPI does boot
BSD.MP with ACPI and verbose logging boots

I didn't think that verbose logging should change the behavior but I guess I am wrong. If I need to try out a snapshot to see if this is fixed, I can. I would attach a dmesg, but with the verbose on it generates more than the dmesg command or dmesg.boot can handle. Ideas on grabbing the full dmesg? I could boot with bsd.sp if that helps.

-Bryan