Hey,
first of all i want to thank you all for your work on OpenSMTPD over all those years. It has powered my one domain very well over all those years. But now i have a problem with setting up virtual domains and users.

My goal is the following. I have the following domains:

foo.com
bar.com

With those domains i have the following email addresses:

us...@foo.com
us...@foo.com
us...@bar.com
us...@bar.com

But all those users dont exist on my machine as real users. I just want to recieve emails for those accounts and process them via lmtp to dovecot. So my action basically looks like that:

action "local_lmtp_deliver" lmtp "/var/dovecot/lmtp"

But when i trace the lookup from the smtpd i get the following:

b4e62ea90ed6c91d smtp connected address=local host=foo.com
lookup: match "local" as NETADDR in table static:<anyhost> -> true
lookup: match "foo.com" as DOMAIN in table static:<anydestination> -> true
rule #1 matched: match from any for any action local_lmtp_deliver
lookup: lookup "user1" as USERINFO in table getpwnam:<getpwnam> -> none
b4e62ea90ed6c91d smtp failed-command command="RCPT TO:<us...@foo.com> " result="550 Invalid recipient: <us...@foo.com>" b4e62ea90ed6c91d smtp disconnected reason=disconnect
debug: control -> client: pipe closed
debug: clearing p=client, fd=11, pid=0

For some reason the user1 part is still getting resolved as a real user on the system. I read on the man page and found the "user username" option for the action. I did the following:

action "local_lmtp_deliver" lmtp "/var/dovecot/lmtp" rcpt-to user 
"dovecot-worker"
dovecot-worker is the account used by dovecot to handle all the email storage in /var/vmail. But i get the same error.

So i guess i am doing it all wrong. Could someone please be so kind and give me a hint in the right direction how the virtual user stuff is working in OpenSMTPD. Because i think i am lost here. I am doing something completely wrong.

I am on the latest OpenBSD release (including all syspatch).

Thanks so much!
Greetings
Leo

Reply via email to