>Is there a reason to make a request/response setup rather than a broadcast
>setup? Isn't your processing code constantly reading this data as the CD
>spins?

Yes, approx every 4 milliseconds. If I were to write a 64-byte SysEx MIDI
message that often it'd likely overwhelm the system.

Since Mixxx doesn't need data that often and can only process it without
glitches up to a certain point, as Owen pointed out, the "pull" model makes
more sense.

is it possible to give Mixxx a Javascript callback with a "maximum" timer? it
doesn't need to be a constant period, i.e. it could be called whenever possible.

thx,

-- p