I'm confused, what are you trying to do?  For vinylcontrol absolute
mode, we mostly use the pitch value and then nudge the speed up or down
if it drifts too far from the reported timecode position.  For CDs, if
it's more than .1 seconds off then we just seek to that position.  I
don't really see the point of having 22 bit resolution.

owen