That model has not worked well in the past.  It doesn't matter how many
warnings there are, people will see "album art!", turn it on, and then
get angry if/when it crashes.

The new model I'd like to propose is:
* Enable an unstable-but-desirable feature (like cover art) by default
in development and nightly builds.
* Disable it for release builds.

I think this will prevent code rot, which was the biggest problem in the
past with optional compile-time features.  Everyone doing development
will be using the feature and seeing any bugs it has.  But then the
release is still pristine and won't be compromised.  Once the feature is
stable, we can flip the flag and allow the feature to go to release.

This does require that the compile flag is robust.  There have been
problems in the past with vinyl control, which is enabled for most
builds but disabled for App Store builds.  Things work great in
development, and then the release build turns out to be broken.  Having
the buildbot should help prevent that -- we should set up a target to
create release builds and run the tests, but not actually make them
available for download.

Owen