The Bessel LV types need nearly no CPU at unity. This is a big improvement compared to the old rack. The Effect rack should draw a minority more CPU for its control code. But this negligible compared to
the CPU needed to process the filters.
And yes, they are switchable. We have a bypass check box in preferences.

Am 15.11.2014 um 01:18 schrieb Waylon Robertson:
does the new eq racks have more cpu requirements? if so, i think it needs to be switchable.

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Daniel Schürmann <dasch...@mixxx.org <mailto:dasch...@mixxx.org>> wrote:

    Hi Owen,
    > Is there any chance of having it be switchable from the old style to the
new
    > style, or does that miss the point entirely?

    There is no reason to make it switchable, because there will no big
    differences for the normal user.
    They are:
    * selectable EQ per deck
    * New EQ types

    > Why GUI elements does it
    > need?  I thought it would just plug in to existing skins (and
    crazy eqs
    > with filters != 3 would be excluded from being used for main EQs
    to keep
    > things sane).
    We need a new preferences GUI to select the EQ effect per deck.  The
    Button effect parameters are required to support the kill buttons
    since
    the EQs are living in a effect Rack now.

    Kind regards,

    Daniel

    Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.
    Get alerted through email, SMS, voice calls or mobile push
    notifications.

Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.