On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 04:30:11PM +0100, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:

Thanks for your help everyone. I've decided that mpeg2 based solutions
are too intensive for my intended application. I am now trying DIVX
based solutions (using lav2divx), but I'm having a lot of trouble
getting it working at the moment (possibly avifile related).

For instance, things like bitrate, crispness, and keyframes are not set,
so I can't get it below my target of 5MB/minute. I'll check out
VirtualDub (under WINE and in Windows) until such a time as avifile is
working correctly.

FWIW, the lav2divx command I'm using is
lav2divx -E DIV5 -b 600 -o stream.divx stream.avi

<Win32 plugin> : Using Win32 dll library: divxcvki.dll
<Win32 video encoder> : W32 Quality 0  KeyFrames: 9999   BitRate: 910000
<Win32 video encoder> : W32 Quality 0  KeyFrames: 9999   BitRate: 600000

--
Cameron Kerr
Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]