On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 10:30:59PM +0100, Andrew Stevens wrote:

> Oh boy  < 500kbps for the video! Basically, that just is not doable with
> current codecs at reasonable display resolutions, it is even worse if you
> have captured (noisy) material.   A realistic minimum is more like 900kbps.

Well, I can't capture at greater than 320x240 anyway, so it works quite
sufficiently for me (for TV shows anyway). Viewing fullscreen is of
course  quite ugly up close, but passable at a distance.

I think I'll aim for about 400MB for an hour for stuff I want to keep.

--
Cameron Kerr
Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]