On Fri, Jun 02, 2017 at 10:16:17PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Home server is slowly dying.  CMOS battery died, has trouble booting
> > (though I  always manage to get it to boot because I have two
> > independent ways to do it), USB  died, and so forth.
> >
> > I am in process of replacing it.
>
> I have no idea what you need your server to be able to do, so it's hard
> to give good recommendations, but FWIW:
>
> - I use a BananaPi as home server.  I use the USB-OTG port as a second
>   network interface (i.e. the ethernet port is connected to my
>   dsl-modem, and I have a desktop connected via the USB-OTG port).
>
> - You might like to take a look at the GnuBee
>   https://www.crowdsupply.com/gnubee/personal-cloud-1

That case is too small for my disk drives.  They're more than 2
and a half inches.  They do say though that someday they may consider
making one for larger drives.  Otherwise it's excellent.

Come to think of it, with two gigabit ethernet ports, this could be my
network front end even if it isn't the file server.

And I'd have to find a power supply.  It doesn't seem to be  built in.
Or am I misinterpretig?

-- hendrik