On 2017-06-02 10:55 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
On Fri, Jun 02, 2017 at 10:16:17PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Home server is slowly dying.  CMOS battery died, has trouble booting
(though I  always manage to get it to boot because I have two
independent ways to do it), USB  died, and so forth.

I am in process of replacing it.
I would suggest things, but if you care so much about security you will throw out the two reigning platforms you are not left with much choice. I have a Qnap NAS running ARM (ts-859+) with 8 drive bays with 2TB WD RE4 drives in each. It may work I guess? Certainly not going to be doing much except file serving, but they have a decent NFS server.

Jeremy