At 1:32 PM -0700 7/11/12, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
>Ok, gents, Christian told me now might be a good time to start poking
>at the new indy backend with JRuby, so I got a build together and have
>been playing with it a bit.
>
>First off, getting it to build...
>
>Stephen B's gist still works fine: https://gist.github.com/243072
>
>But I had to issue one additional command to get xcode tools in the
>right places for command-line build of OpenJDK:
>
>sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
>
>This is latest Lion and Xcode (4.3.2). I previously installed the
>command-line tools through the Xcode interface.

Thanks for the feedback.

I fixed the BUILD location to reference the j2sdk-bundle in the script so when
the result is copied to:

  ~/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines

you get a JVM that shows up properly running:

  /usr/libexec/java_home --version 1.8 -V

I also cleaned up the documentation in the comments and added the "xcode-select
-switch" tip.

  https://gist.github.com/243072