Very interesting to hear that.. thank you for laying out the options so
clearly. I'm not sure what I'll do yet, I'll think things through, look
through the APIs, try it out, etc. I will let you know if I have feedback,
it may be a while before I can try integrating enough to answer whether it
fixes the issues.

Best Wishes,
Paul

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 3:41 PM Priya Rajagopal <
priya.rajago...@couchbase.com> wrote:

> Hey Paul
>
> We are planning on going GA in the next month or so (exact timeline TBD).
> So 2.0 is pretty much feature complete and the focus right now is code
> hardening.
>
> Since you are just starting off , worthwhile noting that there have some
> important bug fixes and API enhancements since DB021. So your options are
> (a) start with DB021 to get a good feel for the API  (b)  wait for our next
> release (should be out reasonably soon) or (c) pull and build from source
> directly to get the latest and greatest.
>

> We would love to get your feedback on 2.0 and whether it handles your
> thread safety issues…
>

> Regards
>
> -Priya
>

> *From: *<paul.jac...@sadasystems.com>
> *Date: *Friday, February 2, 2018 at 6:16 PM
> *To: *Couchbase Mobile <mobile-couchbase@googlegroups.com>
> *Subject: *Re: Announcing Release of Couchbase Lite 2.0 Developer Build
> 21 (DB 21)
>

> Congratulations (and hi), I'm excited to start working with Couchbase 2 if
> the time is right, as the threading issues with Couchbase 1.4 have been..
> challenging. I know this is a very subjective question but, roughly how
> stable is this code now? Would you use it in a production environment? Or
> if not, does it feel close? I'm growing tired of crashes related to
> multiple threads accessing the database at the same time and I can either
> go through and put everything in queues (not sure yet if NSOperation or
> dispatch), or try switching to 2.0 which I expect I'd end up doing in time
> anyway.
>
> Thanks in advance for any opinions or info anyone with relevant experience
> would like to share.
>

> On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 6:52:52 AM UTC-8, Priya Rajagopal wrote:
>
> Happy to announce the release of *Couchbase Lite 2.0 Developer Build 21
> (DB 21)* . The DB21 release is available for iOS(Swift, ObjC), .NET (UWP,
> Xamarin) and Android platforms .
>
> You can download the latest *PreRelease* Build from our Downloads page :
> https://www.couchbase.com/downloads
>

> DB021 release introduces *some major API updates* to the iOS , Android
> and .Net platforms. The changes include enhancements to Query and Indexing
> APIs, the default conflict resolver algorithm, database thread safety, live
> Query API and several bug fixes.
>

>   *Be sure to read the platform specific release notes for a full list of
> platform specific changes.*
>

> ***Links to platform specific release notes -***
>

>    - [Swift/ObjC] :
>
> https://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/mobile/2.0/references/couchbase-lite/release-notes/index.html?language=swif
>    - [.Net]:
>
> https://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/mobile/2.0/references/couchbase-lite/release-notes/index.html?language=csharp
>    - [Android]:

> [...]

*Paul Jacobs*

Senior iOS Developer | Geo - ATOM

SADA Systems

Direct: 805-358-7634 | SADASystems.com <https://sadasystems.com/>

Cloud Computing | Consulting | Managed Services | App Development

<http://blog.sadasystems.com/> <https://twitter.com/SADASystems>
<https://www.facebook.com/SADASystemsinc>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/sada-systems>
<https://plus.google.com/105488050754763129963/posts>

Google Partner of the Year: 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016