> On Feb 2, 2018, at 3:16 PM, paul.jac...@sadasystems.com wrote:
>
> I'm growing tired of crashes related to multiple threads accessing the
> database at the same time and I can either go through and put everything in
> queues (not sure yet if NSOperation or dispatch), or try switching to 2.0
> which I expect I'd end up doing in time anyway.

2.0 will provide more thread-safety, but you can still get yourself in trouble.
For example, modifying the same document on two threads at once will create a
conflict, and it gets worse if you’re using the same CBLDocument object on
multiple threads, since the value of a property will depend on which thread
wrote to it last.

If you’re having trouble keeping track of which threads/queues your code is
running on, that’s a “code smell” that can indicate trouble with your design.
(Not saying this to insult you; I’ve definitely been there myself!)

—Jens

Jens Alfke — Mobile Architect — Couchbase, Inc.