Dear List,

i want to create a server in mod_perl/apache, which receives request via get/post
(plain), process this request (with database access and some functions) and answers in
xml (with correct header), after planning this about a month i realized that this is
called a "web service".

the difference between my solution and all articles was SOAP, which i understand as an
extension to http, so in my opinion i need something that allows to parse the request
and creates the output, is there a solution for mod_perl anyway? and is this solution
stable for a production server which more than 10.000 request/day?

i hope this is the right place to ask, but in all articles i read there were only
examples for java/tomcat, not for perl/mod_perl.

Thanks in advance

Bart Frackiewicz

--
BART FRACKIEWICZ