At 19:34 02.05.2002, Bart Frackiewicz wrote:
>Dear List,
>
>i want to create a server in mod_perl/apache, which receives request via
>get/post (plain), process this request (with database access and some
>functions) and answers in xml (with correct header), after planning this
>about a month i realized that this is called a "web service".
>
>the difference between my solution and all articles was SOAP, which i
>understand as an extension to http, so in my opinion i need something that
>allows to parse the request and creates the output, is there a solution
>for mod_perl anyway? and is this solution stable for a production server
>which more than 10.000 request/day?
>
>i hope this is the right place to ask, but in all articles i read there
>were only examples for java/tomcat, not for perl/mod_perl.

Yes, to the glory of the Perl community, we probably have the simplest
answer you could want: It's called SOAP::Lite (but is nowehere near lite):
http://www.soaplite.com/

An example:
mod_soap enabled SOAP server:

.htaccess

   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler Apache::SOAP
   PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules, Module::Name"

That's an example. Some may call web services hype, I don't really know,
but atleast this will get you going. Stable enough? you'll have to ask
someone else, but I think it should work well enough.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]