From: Wesley Peng <wes...@pengfamily.de>
Sent: 08 February 2021 00:29
To: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Re: Moving ExecCGI to mod_perl - performance and custom 'modules' [EXT]

what's DBI sharing? do you mean Apache::DBI?
Does perl has Java similar DB connection pool?

Thanks.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021, at 4:21 AM, James Smith wrote:
DBI sharing doesn't really gain you much - and can actually lead you into a
whole world of pain. It isn't actually worth turning it on at all.

We use dedicated DB caching in the cases where we benefit from it as and when
you need it (low level caching database)...

Although milage may vary - our problem was DB servers with 30 or 40 databases
on them being connected from a number of approximately 50-100 child apaches,
meant we ended up blowing up the connections to the database server really
quickly...