On Sun, 7 Feb 2021 20:21:34 +0000
James Smith <j...@sanger.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi James,

> DBI sharing doesn't really gain you much - and can actually lead you into a
> whole world of pain. It isn't actually worth turning it on at all.

Never had a problem with it myself in years of using it, but I wrap my queries
in an eval { } and check $@, so that the scripts are not left hanging; also I
have a postgresql db ;-).

I ran some tests with ab, I do see an improvement in response speed :

my $dbh = DBI->connect()
Concurrency Level:      5
Time taken for tests:   22.198 seconds
Complete requests:      1000
Failed requests:        0
Total transferred:      8435000 bytes
HTML transferred:       8176000 bytes
Time per request:       110.990 [ms] (mean)
Time per request:       22.198 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests)
Transfer rate:          371.08 [Kbytes/sec] received

my $dbh = DBI->connect_cached()
Concurrency Level:      5
Time taken for tests:   15.133 seconds
Complete requests:      1000
Failed requests:        0
Total transferred:      8435000 bytes
HTML transferred:       8176000 bytes
Time per request:       75.664 [ms] (mean)
Time per request:       15.133 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests)
Transfer rate:          544.33 [Kbytes/sec] received

--

                                        Bien à vous, Vincent Veyron

https://compta.libremen.com
Logiciel libre de comptabilité générale en partie double