Thanks Cliff; will check it further Wednesday (the server needs to be up &
running tomorrow). Thanks for pointing out the udp in the fuser command
(embarrassed grin). I checked tcp just now, nothing listening, but of course that may not be the state when I'm trying to run SSL/apache. The other issues - key info and SSL On - are kind of strange. I'm almost certain I had them right in the fedora httpd configuration gui. Will check again and confirm. If it turns out to be a configuration gui problem, I guess it takes the issue out of modssl-users, and
it should go to fedoraforum or similar,
    Thanks and Best WIshes
    Bob