Dave Rolsky wrote:

I think Simon nails this when he talks about how Mail::Internet forces users to call something like "$msg->head->get", etc.

yes, I agree with you. I had to search and search and search to find what I wanted. However, had I looked at the samples directory, there was something there that did just what I needed.

I also tend to agree with him that Mail::Box is a bit over-engineered in
the OO department. Do you _really_ need _eleven_ classes for
Mail::Message::Field, which in turn are presumably used by the _nine_
Mail::Message::Head classes?

maybe you should ask him on the Mail::Box mailing list.

And even if you really do need them, is this something that the end user
needs to be exposed to?

yes, that's a good point. How to write docs for the developer of the code versus someone that wants to make common use of it. Mason has a Component Developer's Guide which shows how to write something for users versus core developers.