chromatic wrote:
> I have my doubts that most dev releases get *any* attention.

I have had the same experience with Catalyst.  We asked users for months
to test the dev releases of the new Authentication architecture to make
sure it was 100% backwards compatible.  No reports of anything.  When
the stable version was released, we had people whining about breakage
the very same day.  *sigh*

I think the problem is that 99% of Perl users don't read mailing lists.
They download stuff from search.cpan (maybe), and then forget about it
until something breaks.

Maybe if we break stuff more often people will pay more attention? ;)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway