Thanks to John, David, and Dan for their thoughts on my module naming
question.  So to avoid potentially tromping on another author's name
space doing something like:

   Class::Error::Foobar

where `Class::Error` already exists, I can avoid the whole problem by
just picking a different but similar name:

   Class::Fault

which is currently not used.  For my purposes that name works well.
The only thing I don't like is that it feels like I am squatting on
something fairly generic near the top of the name space.  If I were to
push my one and only module down a level as:

   Class::Fault::Foobar

would it be a faux pas if there is no Class/Fault.pm or anything else
at that second level?

...BC