On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Joshua Marantz <jmara...@google.com> wrote:
> Looking at source, I see that Jeff's patch, and the 'ttl' parameter in
> general, is only referenced under '#if APR_HAS_THREADS'.  When I
> load-tested and found the timeouts, I was testing under Apache 2.2 Prefork,
> and thus that patched code is not even compiled, IIUC.
>
> However I would still like to know what that parameter is for when running
> under Worker.
>
> I think the implication of my source journey is also that if my module
> instantiates multiple threads under Prefork (which it does), it must call
> apr_memcache* routines from only one of them.  Is that correct?

APR is usually compiled with thread support even when using the
prefork MPM.  Check APR_HAS_THREADS in apr.h.

If APR_HAS_THREADS is 0 (very unlikely), you probably want to fail the
build of your module to avoid having to worry about this.

As far as what the parameter means...  I'll try to look tomorrow if
nobody replies first.

See apu_version() for the APR-util version.