On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Ben Noordhuis <i...@bnoordhuis.nl> wrote:

>   If dlsym() is called with the special handle NULL, it is interpreted as a
>   reference to the executable or shared object from which the call is being
>   made.  Thus a shared object can reference its own symbols.
>
> And that's how it works on Linux, Solaris, NetBSD and probably OpenBSD as
> well.

Cool, thanks.

>  > Do you have a feel for the exact meaning of that TTL parameter to
> > apr_memcache_server_create?
>
> You mean what units it uses? Microseconds (at least, in 2.4).

Actually what I meant was what that value is used for in the library.  The
phrase "time to live of client connection" confuses me.  Does it really
mean "the maximum number of seconds apr_memcache is willing to wait for a
single operation?  Or does it mean *both*, implying that a fresh TCP/IP
connection is made for every new operation, but will stay alive for only a
certain number of seconds.

It is a little disturbing from a module-developer perspective to have the
meaning of that parameter change by a factor of 1M between versions.  Would
it be better to revert the recent change and instead change the doc to
match the current behavior?

-Josh