Right I have found the source of the IP Address it is showing as VNIC01 but I
cannot find how to make monodevelop not use this and only use my real ip
address.

I have added the HostIP Property to both of the monodevelopproperties files
(one in the ~/config/monodevelop folder and ~/config/monodevelop-2.6 folder
but it still does not get picked up by monodevelop.

Is there anyway to force Monodevelop to use a specific address at the moment
or is this a bug. Otherwise how can I get it to pick up the right adapter
and not try to use the virtual one?

I believe that the virtual one would have been installed by parallels.

Thanks

Greg