Hi Greg,

It pains me to watch you suffer through this but unfortunately I do not know
how to work around this with the current releases of MonoDevelop and
MonoTouch.

Fortunately, MonoTouch 4.1 will allow manual overrides of the IP address for
the debugger to connect to by adding IP addresses (yes, plural) to try in
a MonoTouchDebugConfiguration.txt file which will get bundled with the debug
version of the app.

I believe the plan is also to add a UI to MonoDevelop to specify this list
of IPs for the device to try and connect to (at least, I hope that's our
plan...).

I know that a future release does nothing to solve your problem right now,
but I hope it will at least be comforting to know that this issue is on our
radar and is a top priority.

Jeff