From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@sol03.american.edu] On Behalf Of CK
MacLeod
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 2:26 PM
To: mop...@sol03.american.edu
Subject: Re: [MOPO] When do YOU think was the moment when eBay "jumped
the shark"?

Count me out.  I've had problems with eBay over the years, sometimes big
problems, but I find all of this complaining about it tiresome.

I suppose a few of you wish it didn't exist at all, but I think it's
overall been a boon to the hobby.  It's still a great place for a dealer
to reach customers who aren't part of the "in crowd" of collectors, and
who rightly or wrongly feel more secure making a purchase on eBay than
they would through other on- and off-line venues.  It's also brought out
a lot of "supply" that otherwise would still be rotting in basements and
cubbyholes somewhere, and it's good for making contact with new
consignors, too.

eBay also happens to be great place to get deals on the whole universe
of things you might ever want to get a deal on, and of which collectible
"movie paper" occupies a very tiny spot.

 <http://ckmac.com/> CK MacLeod Collectibles at ckmac.com
Kymar's on  <http://stores.ebay.com/Kymars-Stuff> eBay