I agree with that too, but then I've never been in that high-end price range and guess I never will.

Wim
Op 7 sep 2009, om 11:22 heeft James Richard het volgende geschreven:

Statements of mutual support and solidarity among dealers is very nice sentiment and all... and no one is claiming that the vast majority of well-known dealers are anything other than honest and professional -- but you can't ignore the fact that it was other dealers equally well-known and honest and professional who were *fooled* by some of these fakes and sold them to their customers unknowingly. And that this went on for several years before finally being uncovered for the large-scale dissemination of fakes that it was. We still don't know the full extent.

Just because some dealers have not yet had the problem (that they know of) does not mean they haven't or won't in the future.

Guys, face it: Where the very expensive posters are concerned, you're going to have to get together and come up with a third-party recognized expert "opinion of authenticity" system that people can have confidence in. Otherwise all the buyer has is your word and opinion. As good as it may be, it is still the word and opinion of the person trying to make the sale. Without an independent second opinion, that approach may still be good enough for most posters, but probably not good enough for those posters in the upper price ranges.

You have to face the fact that the game has changed dramatically.

-- JR

bqjansen wrote:

I agree with you wholeheartedly Phil. Please let us not go overboard again! Surely it would not be healthy if we could get our posters only from Bruce or indeed Heritage. Ebay, just as fleamarkets, has provided me access to an enormous amount of experience enjoyment and indeed some hard lessons with movieposters. Let's hope this could continue. Furthermore I'd like to suggest that not everything that is Bruce/HA is golden.

Wim

Op 7 sep 2009, om 07:30 heeft Phil Edwards het volgende geschreven:

Raymond, there are many reliable poster dealers who still sell on eBay using the auction format.
Regards,
Phil E.
-