I have sold approx 1500 items in the last year and have had no problems at all.
I have also purchased many items in the last year with no issues. eBay have a
pretty good system going to prevent problems. If something does go wrong with a
transaction you can usually resolve it or get a refund. Sellers cannot leave
negative feedback on buyers and sellers are severely penalised for poor
feedback ot low detailed seller ratings.

Its easy enough to check a sellers feedback before purchasing. I wouldnt have
too many concerns about buying on eBay.
Regards
John

Sign up for my regular newsletter on movie memorabilia:
http://www.moviemem.com/pages/page.php?mod=account&go=register

Visit my Website: www.moviemem.com

All About Australian posters:
http://search.reviews.ebay.com/members/johnwr_W0QQuqtZg