Why does Poster Mountain say:

"Aesthetically it might be improved by proper re-conservation" and "The canvas backing has a couple of weak spots at the horizontal fold lines, so care should be exercised when handling this poster"?

Shouldn't this Dracula poster be thrown in the trash?

-rk

On Sep 30, 2009, at 4:26 PM, Sean Linkenback wrote:

Pretty sad - even in his report he slams the competition restorers more than he takes blame for messing this authentication up.

Wonder when the auction for John Davis' "ife" will start?

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Evans
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Dracula - Update

Poster Mountain updated, can't access all of it...
Dracula 1931

status: fake

**REPRODUCTION** Entirely different type of fake poster, which, due to the dissimilarities to all of the other fakes we have uncovered, this one fooled us until we ...

This reproduction poster has been "linen backed" and restored by an unknown restorer with great attention paid restoratively to make this poster appear authentic. The ...

2009-09-30 16:22:45