Evan, I didn't say that that these posters were worth more than the original
year of issue posters.  I said that there were some titles that had re-release
posters that had enjoyed some appreciation.  Certainly those two titles are
examples of what I meant.  There are a few titles where the reissue is a better
poster than the original, in my opinion.  The
1934 STATE FAIR comes to mind.  The early Fox reissue is better than the
original I think.  There may be a poster where the reissue is worth more money
than the original, but
no examples come to mind immediately.  What is true, I think, is that it is not
unusual for a reissue poster to actually be scarcer than the original.  I would
cite NORTH BY NORTHWEST as an example of that.  If you combine this fact with
an appealing element of design - like the image of Hitch on Mount Rushmore -
one can easily see why
demand for a poster may be growing.  A growing demand with a scarcer supply.
Appreciation.

Kirby