why does he need to respond Tommy?
Those of you who don't like the BP can bid or not if you choose, HA isn't going to eliminate the BP because some people don't like it
so what comment would he make?
they have a BP. It's not a hidden cost. When I buy something, my only concern is getting it for a price I can deal with. Lately, because I'm largely winnowed down to needing the expensive or rare items, I'm having to deal with bigger prices and almost nothing I buy is under $100. in which case the bp means nothing to me, especially as I account for it when I'm bidding, always. I have a little paper chart next to the computer for the sig auctions so I can check it easily

the first time I ever bid in a live auction, I was confused by the BP. This would have been at a local auction to where I was living at the time. First time I bid at Christies in the 1980s, they had a BP.
I've grown up paying BP..

if I don't want to pay the BP, I don't bid.
exactly what solution would you be expecting Grey to post for you?

Rich