/Tommy Barr wrote: "HA do not have to sell posters for low amounts, they are choosing to do it, and then asking the buyer to pay for their decision."/

The bidder does not have to bid for the poster either, when he does bid he is agreeing with HA charges - and that was their decision, no one elses.

Even before the bidder places their bid they are told what the/total /cost of the bid is, and again when they place a bid they are asked "Please confirm your bid of $X ($XX w/ BP)". If someone chooses to then place a bid surely they are agreeing with the cost, it's not hidden, there's is in fact a double opt-out option for the bidder. You don't get that at a live auction.

I'm not saying the prices are not exorbitant but people can vote with their wallet.

As an aside, I've no idea what HA charge in commission to consign a poster that realises (say) $5, is it 75% of the net sell price (ex BP)? Is it really a quick buck to send a cheap poster to HA?

David