Grey is correct.  Bidders should always use an auction house's dedicated
bidding platform vs. one run by a third party.  For the PropStore sale, I
bookmarked a lot of items.  Not once did I consider bidding or even "watching"
through another "layer" via Invaluable.

Some houses allow third-party platforms to run parallel to their own platforms,
e.g., Invaluable, Live Auctioneers, etc. - which yes, do take an additional cut
from bidders and are vulnerable to lags.  I totally get that they allow for a
wider net of potential bidders, esp. for smaller houses who save money not
running their own bid sites.  But they also strike me as auction consolidation
/ "brokerage" accounts for MANY auction houses being platformed on one site.  I
won't use them unless they're the ONLY platform used by a house.  (Sometimes
you find out when you visit the auction house website and try to bid - and
you're re-directed to a third party platform with a different domain address.
That's how you know.)

The only time a third-party platform makes sense to buyers is when they're
exclusive to an auction house and not redundant, e.g., eMoviePoster's bidders,
whether they know it or not, use the Auction Anything platform / software - but
this is the ONLY platform in use by eMoviePoster.  You're not going to find its
items on Invaluable or on any third party bidding platform.  (BTW, Auction
Anything has other, lesser known auction house clients whose sales look vastly
different - despite a few software similarities you can spot.  It's a reliable
platform with the client having full control of its content - and lags or
outages are rare.)

I do feel for Glenn in one sense because registrations are approved by the
house - but sometimes this goes through the third party platform so he was
probably unaware he could have gone straight to PropStore or contacted Grey
direct.  -d.