From: dmbucha...@hotmail.com
To: moq_disc...@moqtalk.org
Subject: RE: [MD] The value of static patterns.
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 07:16:12 -0600

Tuukka said to dmb:
... But I think it's better to recruit new members, somehow, than to complain
to the current ones.

dmb says:
There's no way to know for sure but I strongly suspect that a number of Pirsig
fans have become excited about joining this forum but investigated the level of
conversation going on here and were discouraged from joining because of what
they found. In other words, I'll bet that lots of people have looked into it,
found way too much drivel and decided that joining this forum would be a waste
of time.

Tuukka said:
I sure would like to improve the level of this forum. I haven't been active
here for such a long time. You know, maybe if Mark or Matt were still
interested of the things they once were, and met me now, maybe we could
cooperate a lot. Maybe a new Mark or Matt will come. Despite criticizing the
level of discussion here, I'd like to thank Mark for some excellent and recent
discussions.

dmb says:
See, now that particular piece of praise makes me very skeptical about your
ability to discern intellectual quality. They both disagree with Pirsig in
profound ways but only one of them ever made any sense. One of them is bright,
well-read and reasonable and the other isn't even close. One is polite to a
fault and the other is a socially oblivious egomaniac. This is exactly the sort
of thing I was complaining about; the inability to distinguish philosophical
ideas from psychotic drivel.