Hi , Dan, long time no see.

"Irises" was created during confinement in the asylum, in the yard,..but it
was never a single flower, the work is full of irises and their leaves
the confusion is created by Vincent himself because he highlights one
single iris in ...white!,  only one among the dark blue ones.
the blue ones are probably japanese irises,and hide themselveves in their
natural abstract blue, probably they where more bright blue when painted,
but the paint aged beautifully.

http://www.vggallery.com/painting/p_0608.htm#analysis

below the page is a list of places the work was displayed,probably you did
see it in La? possible?
it is in the possesion of the Getty museum.Vincent made more than one
painting about the subject btw.

https://www.google.be/search?q=iris+laevigata&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=EZS0UpOPEInkswbci4CICw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=634

or, iris leavigata and set google for pictures

nb, Also Claude Monet made some mighty impressions concerning irises
https://www.google.be/search?q=iris+laevigata&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=EZS0UpOPEInkswbci4CICw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=634#es_sm=93&espv=210&q=iris+claude+monet&safe=off&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=ZYDEfwKDuCwaUM%3A%3BXoSYY-NtOpseEM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.passagenproject.com%252Fvincent_van-gogh_irissen_1889.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fpassagenproject.com%252Fblog%252F2011%252F01%252F25%252Fde-iris-bloem-in-de-kunst%252F%3B490%3B367

About your work, yes i like to have an e-copy of some of your latest
writings, i would be gratefull.

Adrie

parser