John said to dmb:
...demonization polarizes and makes change into a power struggle and
conservatives insist upon having all the guns so it's a losing strategy. ...And
I believe we've all fallen prey to that same bug-a-boo of demonizing
opposition.  3rd level and 4th do often conflict, but they are intricately
interwoven and it might be more accurately analogized as a dance, rather than a
fight.

dmb says:
Pirsig describes this conflict as a century long hurricane involving war and
lesser ideological conflicts involved. To call it a "dance" is pretty far off
the mark, I think. It also seems quite inaccurate and more than a little
condescending to characterize my complaints as a "demonization" or
polarization, especially since I was complaining about the demonization of
Dewey.

Check this out. Dewey, creative education and real democracy - in less than
three minutes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdV2YMpF0tA