I think, the best way to approach
The question is to look at how
Higher income roughly equates to
A higher standard of freedom
Or perceived higher standard
Anyway. Without a love for wisdom
A passion for betterment or a greater
Range of freedom is a rudderless
Boat, a moving cart with no destination.
To ask What does it mean To lead a " good" life? Is to begin to think about
Just where this cart is going and how
It gets there. To a 5th grade teacher
Who cares about such things it couldn't be more relevant, I mean
You are right it's a serious philosophical question but it's also
A very simple one , but my point
Is that everyone gets so caught up
In the attainment of greater freedom
( an evolutionary drive) that the good