Owen and Mzee by Isabella Hatkoff is a fun nonfiction about a turtle and a
hippo.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mosaic [mailto:mosaic-boun...@literacyworkshop.org] On Behalf Of
Jeanne Canon
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:14 AM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: [MOSAIC] rigorous texts for teaching unit

Greetings All,
I am looking for some rigorous texts for the theme "Unlikely Friendships."
I teach ESL grades 2 through 5.  So far I have been just targeting second
and third grade, but any books on this topic for up to grade 5 (fiction or
expository texts, poetry too) would be greatly appreciated.  I value your
input.  Thanks!

-----
No virus found in this message.