Warbler numbers have continued to be great across Carver County the past two
weeks.   I have been out 12 of the 14 days spending most of my time at the
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum and Rapids Lake MVNWR.   I have spent some time
at Chaska Lake MVNWR and a little at Carver Park Reserve.    Bird numbers have
been mediocre at Carver Park compared to the other areas, so I haven't spent
that much time there.  I won't list specific counts for any days except today
but will list some details for the first two weeks.  In addition to the many
warbler I have counted, there have been many that went unidentified.    Some
other migrants I saw the first two weeks of September were Blue-headed,
Philadelphia Vireo, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Gray-cheeked, Swainson's Thrush,
Lincoln's, White-throated Sparrow, and Purple Finch.   While I have still been
unable to find 20 warbler species on a single calendar day in the fall, I did
see 20 warbler species in a 24 hour period September 12-13.

Warbler species seen per day

September 2-14
September 3-14
September 4-13
September 5-17
September 6-12
September 7-16
September 9-10
September 10-4 in poor weather at Carver Park
September 11-15
September 12-18
September 13-15

Warbler species seen and number of days they were seen Sept. 2-13

Ovenbird-9 days
Northern Waterthrush-9 days
Louisiana Waterthrush-75% sure 1 day
Blue-winged Warbler-1 day