Early migrants continue to meander their way into Carver County.  Migrants seen
on August 10 at Rapids Lake MVNWR were Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, Alder
Flycatcher, Northern Waterthrush, and an immature Golden-winged Warbler moving
with two Blue-winged Warbler that were likely migrants as well.  There was
still a decent number of mostly male Yellow Warbler around.  Of course there is
no way to know which were migrants and which were local breeders.   The only
female Yellow Warbler I saw was feeding two juvenile.

I saw a slightly surprising variety of migrant warbler this morning at the
landscape arboretum.  Numbers were what one would expect though.   This
included a Northern Waterthrush, a female Golden-winged Warbler, a
Black-and-white Warbler, 5 female/immature American Redstarts(probably mostly
migrants), an adult Magnolia Warbler, 2 Yellow Warbler(one of these likely a
migrant, the other I'm not so sure), a Chestnut-sided Warbler, and a female
Canada Warbler.  I have seen more warbler species through August 11 this month
than the first eleven days of any prior August.

John Cyrus