After many years and well over a thousand miles of hiking in Carver County I
finally saw the last Minnesota breeding resident warbler that has eluded me.
A male Black-throated Blue Warbler was feeding and moving with at least 2
Blue-headed Vireo, a Black-and-white, and Chestnut-sided Warbler near the river
at Rapids Lake MVNWR.  There had been a decline in warbler variety during this
past week, but today it was back up again.  Highlights today at Rapids Lake
included Common Nighthawk, Chimney Swift, Red-headed Woodpecker, 4 vireo
species, Brown Creeper, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, 16 warbler
species, Dark-eyed Junco, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, and Indigo Bunting.

John Cyrus