Martijn Ras escribió:
Heya Folks,

Translationwise this html -> xhtml conversion is a pain in the neck ...

:-) Yes, I agree. Despite this, it's fair to admit that more changes had come in past releases due just to updates in the content itself.

This leads me to the following questions:

Who's in charge of the conversion to xhtml?

Would it be possible to split work on the file into a couple of updates instead of one gigantic like currently happens?

Suggested update scheme:

1) html -> xhtml conversion (leaves text intact only brushes tags)
2) Apply anchor/link naming convention
3) Rearrange text if needs be

Yes, it would be the best solution. Even more, if people at mozilla.org is using any specific tool to manage the HTML -> XHTML conversion, it would be fine if they told us which and how, in order for us to follow the same process in the translated help files.

Regards.

--
"Software is like sex. It's better when it's free" (Linus Torvalds)