In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Sören Kuklau wrote:

> Is Netscape Online UK affiliated with AOLTW's Netscape (Netscape
> Communications)? I wasn't able to find any information on a company
> called "Netscape Online" located in the UK on Google.

i don't believe they are offering new signups since AOL launched an
unmetered service with their own brand name.

but yes, netscape online is/was a joint venture between AOL and someone
else.  http://www.netscapeonline.co.uk/ will take you to the netscape
UK homepage.

when i tried googling, their free CD give away even brought up something
on mozillazine:
http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=749
which is a interesting historical read...

> If that is the case, then this is quite ironic - after all, Netscape
> originally launched the Mozilla project.

indeed.

> That is quite a reason for not to use this ISP any longer. Translate it
> to "all we really do care about is to get your money".
>
>> 2.  Unfortunately your queries bare no relevance to Netscape Online,
>
> Oh yes they do, unless Netscape Online doesn't want customers that
> actually know how to write html with css properly.

well they don't really want customers any more... new customers would be
offered the AOL branded access instead.

>> These are the people who actually produce the Netscape Communicator /
>> Mozilla software and will be able to assist you further.
>
> Makes me wonder if the person who replied to your e-mail did even know
> what css is.

probably not - the message needs to get across to a techie that deals
with the server, not a customer service agent.

--
michael