LAME 3.34 beta is now on the web site:

I renamed a buch of subroutines which have none or very little
ISO code left.   (and made an attempt to keep the microsoft makefile/dsp
files up to date)

Bug fixed:  minimum bitrate in VBR mode: The minimum bitrate was being
used, but the VBR code could still encode with very few bits and then put
the unused bits in the reservoir.

some (minor) updated VBR tunings.

Tim Ruddick: New wav/aiff parsing routines.  Better parsing and fewer fseek()'s.

Anton Oleynikov:  patches to work with Borland C

Gabriel Bouvigne: Experimental voice option enabled with --voice
(I finally got some time to add this - he posted it a while ago).