John Hayward-Warburton wrote:
> It is true that some FM stations (in the UK at least) put
> filters in below
> 30Hz to allow in-band switching tones to be used between studios.

Not that we use a filter here but I am aware that a lot of stations in the
USA and elsewhere use a highpass filter which I thought was around 50hz (but
maybe its 30hz) to allow more energy in the more audible freqs and therefore
produce a louder sound.  "Louder the better" is usually the motto.

Maybe the highpass option should be removed altogether from the FM preset.

> I hope this is not too much of an imposition, but has anyone
> documented the
> various `-X n' options? I'm getting better results on choral
> music with -X 5
> while some orchestral music sounds better with -X 4. The existing
> documentation is *very* helpful in other aspects, though.

What does the -X parameter do exactly?