Hi Max and all,

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 4:39 AM, Max Kellermann <m...@duempel.org> wrote:

> > listen_systemd_activation() is true.  Then the function exit
> > immediately without setting listen_port = port.
>
> Correct.  Which value do you expect it to have, and where will it
> obtain that value from?

In zeroconf module, listen_port variable is used.  listen_port variable
should be set to the value that MPD (successfully) listens to, and if TCP
port (default 6600) is being configured

I don't know much about systemd, and don't understand why systemd would
active the socket on behalf of the service (similar to inetd or xinetd!?).
But it seems to me listen_port is no longer set when systemd is enabled.

The problem here is when listen_port does not set, zeroconf is not enable.
I read through the codes on zeroconf module that it publishes the service
port using listen_port.

To make zeroconf works with systemd again, the argument is:

1. Just a added "listen_port=port;" after the test of
listen_systemd_activation()
is true? or
2. change zeroconf module to use port variable to publish the service? (but
port being configured does not mean mpd successfully listens to it)

It didn't read many mpd codes, so I don't understand the impact after any
of the above changes.  I am happy to discuss and find a right solution.

Regards,
Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
  - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
  - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
  - Voyage MuBox (http://mubox.voyage.hk)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)