----Original Message Follows----
From: Terrell Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Minneapolis Issues List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Mpls] Union printers
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:59:38 -0800 (PST)

It was written by one of the wise contributors to this list:

The union printer thing is one of the many on the list of pc things one
has to do to run as a DFL'er and perhaps that is what is wrong with the
party. Focus on the politically correct rather than on the real issues.
I'm really disappointed that the Moore camp keeps banging on this issue
in an effort to discredit Samuels. This issue has taken up far too many
posts already.

[JM]This is a wise contribution? That it's somehow incorrect to only direct work towards shops that guarantee a decent wage and working conditions for employees? I'm mystified by this.

A Union gives employees the advantage of having some recourse if they're dealt with unfairly - and this goes far and above what the law covers. If you don't have a union contract (or, in rare cases, a personal contract) with your employer you're an at will employee.

It's wrong for the DFL party to give preferential treatment to union shops in light of the above?

I still don't get it.

Jim McGuire
Como